Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Last Week at the MTC for Elder Ostler

Well time has definitely flown by quickly here at the MTC. I was never sure when or if the first few days were going to end. Ever since the third day time has gone so quickly and left me spinning in a circle. I’ve learned and grown so much in just a short time here at the MTC. The spirit is incredible here, and it really is like a “mini-Zion” right in Provo. The Russian language is coming along, it isn’t an easy language and when I hear the natives speak I wonder if they really even know Russian, because the Russian I’m taught in the classroom is completely different, just kidding. The language is slowly coming, I am able to explain and express myself better and better each day. I have loved have a native Russian District in our Zone. I talk with them on a daily basis and they teach my new phrases in Russian and correct pronunciation.

I’m excited to arrive in Ukraine and begin sharing the message of the restoration and the plain and simple truths that we take for granted. Because I have grown up in the Church, ever since I was really young I thought everybody in the world knew about the Gospel and was a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. I remember the first time I learned that only a few people were members of the Church, and how shocked I was! Now I finally have a chance to share the message of the “Book of Mormon,” the restoration, Christ’s atonement, and how through Christ we really can live with our families forever, through blessings of the Temple.
Probably one of the most important lessons I have learned so far at the MTC is to just listen. Listen to my companion, and to ALWAYS listen to the spirit. Whenever I teach, if I have a successful lesson, it isn’t because of me, but it is because the spirit was the teacher and I was used as a mouthpiece.

Another lesson I have learned is to just keep the gospel simple and stick to the basics. Oh and always smile. A smile is contagious and the gospel is happy, so why don’t’ we show it.

Oh and mom and dad, I just want you both to know how much I love you and I appreciate all that you have done for me. I look forward to talking to you next week

Love, Elder Ostler


Moroni 7:33- “And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me.”

Grandma Webb is always talking about looking for the little mini miracles in our day, so here are two.

Oh, I almost forgot. So I had two mini miracles today. First I lost my temple recommend, so this morning I was frantically looking for it because we were supposed to go to the temple. Well we said a prayer and I prayed that if we didn't find it that all would still work out. Well everything worked out just fine at the temple. Yes I had to wait a little bit to get it, but I was still able to make it into a session and still do sealings with the native Russian speakers.
Second mini miracle, so I know how dumb this will sound, but I guess I forgot to take a pen out of one of my WHITE shirt pockets because it was clipped to it, and so as I did laundry I found my pen. YEAH lucky me it didn't leak everywhere, that would have been quite disheartening to my soul! Well I just thought I should share that with ya. Love , Elder Ostler

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ola elder vc veio a são carlos lembra de mim edinho manda noticias nitroriders76@hotmail.com